Safeguarding in the Parish
We take the safeguarding, care and wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults very seriously at St Philip’s. Our parish safeguarding officer can be contacted on:
- Desmond Duffus: 020 8679 3472
Mob: 07930 580467
Our Church Wardens can be contacted on:
- Winston Worrell: 07931 767253 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Desmond Duffus: 020 8679 3472 Mob: 07930 580467 Email: email@example.com
The Parish Safeguarding Officer is Mr Desmond Duffus – appointed by, and reporting to the PCC.
St Philip’s works to the Diocesan guidelines as set out in “A Safe Church” (updated January 2020) – available for reference in the Church or from the Diocesan website
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 ( free phone Monday to Friday 95pm).
Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers contact details
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser:
Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers:
- Marie Daly: firstname.lastname@example.org 020 7939 9441 Mobile: 07946 255 295
- Louise Vernon email@example.com 020 7939 9462 Mobile: 07946 255 622
For safeguarding concerns out of hours please call 020 3874 6743